Are you still looking for a delicious snack for your New Year’s Eve party? Then I have just the thing for you with my fluffy, filled croissants ready. The spicy filling of feta cheese and parsley in combination with the fluffy yeast dough is guaranteed to please your guests!
We start with a simple yeast dough made of flour, milk, oil, salt and of course yeast. However, we add two more secret weapons to the dough that make the croissants really airy: Baking powder and a small amount of powdered sugar. Don’t worry, this won’t make the dough sweet at all! Knead all the ingredients into a smooth dough and then let it rise for about an hour until it has doubled in volume.
You can fill the snacks with anything your taste buds desire. If you’re in a hurry, a simple filling of feta cheese and parsley is great. Simply crumble the feta and mix it with the cabbage and the filling is ready.
After the rising time you divide the dough into 12 balls, which you roll out oval. Then spread about a tablespoon of filling on the longer side and roll up. Just shape into a croissant and the savory snacks are almost ready for the oven. However, some decoration must also be, the eye eats with, after all. That’s why I brush the croissants with a little beaten egg to give them a nice golden sheen and sprinkle them with a little toasted sesame seeds for that extra kick of flavor. Now the treats go into the oven and are baked within a short time.
I wish you a happy new year and a lot of fun baking!
- 500 g flour
- 1 sachet dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 280 ml warm milk
- 125 ml unflavored oil
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 200 g feta
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 egg beaten
- Some sesame
- Knead all ingredients for the yeast dough until smooth, about 5 minutes. Let rise in a covered bowl in a warm place round for an hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Crumble feta cheese and mix with parsley.
- Divide dough into 12 balls. Roll each into an oval shape and place a tablespoon of filling at the longer end. Roll up and shape into a croissant. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 °C top/bottom heat for approx. 20 minutes.