Gnocchi Leek Skillet
Who does not know this? After a long, tiring day at work or at university (yes, that should also exist ? ) must be a delicious and especially quick dinner. And I do not mean the ready-made pizza from the freezer. Since I have now arrived in the working world for a few months, I also face this dilemma more often. A great option for the evening meal I present to you today: A gnocchi and leek pan. The best thing about it: You can easily take the leftovers to the office and enjoy them as lunch.
You can buy gnocchi in the supermarket in two variations: From the refrigerated section or dried with the leftover pasta. For this recipe, we’ll use the refrigerated version, since they’re already precooked and just need to be heated. First, we put a pan with a little oil and fry the gnocchi for a few minutes until crispy.
Meanwhile, we turn our attention to the leeks. We cut the onion in half and wash it carefully, because there are often grains of sand between the layers of the green stalk. They are a remnant of the sandy soil in which the vegetable likes to grow. Once that’s done, the leeks are cut into thin strips.
By now our gnocchi are crispy and are allowed to wait in a plate until the leeks and bacon are sauteed. This takes only a few minutes, because the pan is already very hot. We then deglaze the whole thing with white wine or alternatively vegetable broth and add the gnocchi again. Add the cream on top and season with salt and pepper. Now let everything simmer until the sauce has reached the desired consistency.
So quickly a delicious after-work dish can be on the table!
I wish you a lot of fun while cooking!
Gnocchi Leek Skillet
- 400 g gnocchi from the refrigerated section
- 1 leek
- 100 ml white wine alternatively: vegetable stock
- 200 ml cream
- 50 g bacon
- salt pepper
- Fry gnocchi in a pan with oil and butter over medium heat until crisp (about 6 minutes). Meanwhile, clean the leeks and cut into strips.
- Remove the gnocchi from the pan. Sauté leek and bacon until translucent.
- Deglaze with white wine and reduce slightly. Return gnocchi to pan, add cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the pan until the desired creaminess.