While shopping this week, I just managed to grab a pack of spaghetti – judging by the empty shelf, I wasn’t the only person craving pasta these days. But I was good and only picked up the one pack #nohamsterhere ?
This week, we’ve got a true classic that’s guaranteed to prevent cabin fever and restore domestic peace after a long day at the home office (maybe with screaming kids still in the background). With a big plate of fragrant spaghetti bolognese, the whole world is somehow all right again – at least for me. To make sure you feel the same way, you’ll find my recipe for the pasta dish of all our childhoods below. Spilling allowed!
Stay healthy and have fun cooking!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot diced
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 500 g minced meat mixed
- 400 g strained tomatoes
- 240 ml milk
- 120 ml broth
- 1 tsp oregano
- 200 ml white wine
- Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion, garlic, carrot and celery for 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef and saute until crumbly.
- Add white wine and reduce 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add milk, strained tomatoes, broth, oregano, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low heat and cover pot. Simmer for at least 30 minutes, preferably longer.
- Serve with spaghetti and grated Parmesan cheese.